This cottage museum was established in Brading, Isle of Wight in 1974, and was formed from the private doll collection started
by the Munday family in 1960.
It is acknowledged as being one of the finest and most important collections in Great Britain with over 2000 exhibits
on display dating circa 2000 BC to approximately 1950 AD. There are examples of almost every seriously collectable doll together
with a number of dolls houses, rocking horses, tin plate toys, trains, bears, soft toys, and many unusual play things.
This doll was made by the French firm Jumeau in 1870. She has a fine and beautiful bisque head, with pierced ears and
a white kid body. She would have been very expensive and a dream for any little girl to own.
With the doll came a complete wardrobe consisting of a hatbox full of hats and bonnets, matching jewellery, outer and
underclothing, a fan, handbag (blue velvet lined with red), a sunshade, chatelaine, patterns, etc.
Huntley and Palmers Biscuit Van c.1923
Small selection of teddy bears from the Museum's collection, some by "Steiff c. 1904-1935
English Toy Bulldog c. 1880
"Lenci" Felt Dolls c. 1920's
Diana Princess of Wales, and Bridesmaid Clemantine Hambro 1981.
King George V Engine and Tender.